The face is an important part of our body, and it’s no secret that the foods we eat can affect how our skin looks. For younger-looking skin and a healthy glow, choose foods that are high in antioxidants, omega fatty acids, and water content.
TOP 10 TOP FOODS TO INCLUDE IN OUR DAILY DIET:
- Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges
- Orange colored fruits and vegetables like carrots or butternut squash
- Dark skinned fruits like blueberries and cherries
- Salad ingredients like iceberg or romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers
- Dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or broccoli
- Nuts like almond and walnuts
- Flaxseeds or chia seeds
- High protein foods like eggs, tofu, and lean meats
- Cold water fish like salmon or sardines
Foods high in antioxidants help reduce the signs of aging by neutralizing free radicals, which can cause damage to our skin. Blueberries and cherries are two fruits very high in antioxidants.
Omega fatty acid-containing foods, like avocados and salmon, can help fight inflammation and strengthen the collagen structure of the skin.
Fruits and vegetables high in water content can improve hydration of the skin. A typical tossed salad of iceberg or romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers is an excellent choice.
Vitamin C has several benefits for healthy skin. Foods high in vitamin C, like citrus fruits and strawberries, are high in antioxidants that can fight against the signs of aging. And, vitamin C is an important ingredient in the body’s production of collagen, which keeps the skin looking smooth and firm.
Call Zeeba Clinic (Lyndhurst, Ohio) to talk through a well-rounded skin care recommendation that includes physician-grade products and in-office procedures. We can discuss at home strategies that can have you looking your best in years!
Call today (440-461-7999) for an appointment.