About Dr. Bahman Guyuron
Meet Dr. Bahman Guyuron
As an internationally recognized teacher and innovator in the plastic surgery field, Dr. Guyuron has focused his practice on facial surgery.
As demonstration of his commitment to innovation, Dr. Guyuron has pioneered many innovative medical techniques to increase the safety of the operation, reduce the adverse effects, and augment the success of the surgery and has shared these techniques with the plastic surgery community through publications, presentations and live surgical demonstrations. Dr. Guyuron has also developed an out-patient procedure for the surgical treatment of migraine headaches that has been recognized by the medical community as innovative and highly successful.
Recognized by his peers and patients as one of the best doctors in America, Dr. Guyuron has received numerous awards and honors, many of which have been granted consistently year after year, including just a few of the latest:
- Best Doctors in America® list, which includes the nation’s most respected specialists, from 2000 to present.
- Top Docs in Cleveland, by Northern Ohio Live, from 2001 to present.
- Best Doctor, by Cleveland Magazine, from 1992 to present.
Dr. Guyuron is a current member of a number of professional societies, including:
- Academy of Medicine
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)
- American Cleft Palate Association (ACPA)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgery (ASCS)
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Children’s Craniofacial Association
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- International Society of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery (ISCS)
- Northeast Ohio Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Northwestern Society of Plastic Surgeons (Honorary Member)
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons (OVSPS)
- Ohio State Medical Society
- Plastic Surgery Education Foundation (PSEF)
- The Rhinoplasty Society
- The Royal and Ancient Society of American Plastic Surgeons (RASAPS)
Dr. Guyuron has also served on many boards, including:
- Director of, American Board of Plastic Surgery since 2005-2011
- Member, Board of Trustees, American Society of Plastic Surgeons since 2004-2010
- Member, Board of Trustees, American Association of Plastic Surgeons since 2004-2011
- Member, Board of Governors, The National Endowment for Plastic Surgery since 2004-2009
- Member of the Board, Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation since 2004-2011
- Chairman of the Board, The Forum Education and Conference Center since 1990-2009
- Member of the Board, Co-Ax Technology, Inc. since 1994-2009
- Member of the Board, Noteworthy Medical Systems since 2003-2009
- Member of Board of Directors, Morgan’s Food since 2004-today
- Chairman of the Zeeba Surgery Management Board since 2003-2011
Dr Guyuron has served in many major professional organizations some of them highlighted below:
- President of the Northeastern Ohio Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1991-1993
- President of the Ohio Valley Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1994-1995
- President of The Rhinoplasty Society 1998-1999
- President of the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons 2001-2002
- President of Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation 2008-2009
- President of the America Association of Plastic Surgeons 2000-2010
Pursuing his strong commitment to education in the field of plastic surgery, Dr. Guyuron has acted as visiting professor to over 20 academic institutions in the U.S. and abroad including prestigious universities such as Harvard, Yale, UCLA, Stanford, Mayo Clinic. As further example of his unprecedented level of surgical expertise, he has published over 200 medical articles in peer-reviewed journals, three textbooks and over 40 book chapters on plastic surgery. He has delivered over 1,000 presentations and lectures in over 20 countries. He has also served as scientific reviewer and senior editor on a number of scientific journals, including: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
A graduate of Tehran University Medical School, Dr. Guyuron completed his residency in general surgery at Boston University in 1978 and followed that with a residency in plastic surgery at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation in 1980. He also completed a fellowship in craniofacial surgery at Toronto University Hospital for Sick Children. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery.